Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 8 ... Good Bye 190's =)

Ok, so this is actually the start of day 9 and I peeked at the scale ... first, I know there is a great debate if weighing everyday is good or bad for you - for right now I think it is good for me because it keeps me in check, if I see the scale starting to creep up I know I need to step it up a notch and really watch what I am eating - I did this, this weekend when I had my slip up and drank too much and then had a gain on the scale. I worked out hard and I saw results ... so that is my justificaiton for looking at the scale =) ... It does however kind of take the excitement out of weigh in day since I will already know the results ... but whatever I don't care at this point ... whatever works! ... So anyways, got on the scale today and it was 188.5 - so that is a 5 lb loss in 8 days - I'll take it!

One thing I have to do is keep reminding myself that this weight is not just going to fall off, it took me a few years to get to where I am now (FAT) and I had horrible, horrible eating habits, eating very fattening foods and then just laying on the couch while my life passed me by. I am not going to do that any more, I am young, I am a mother, I am a wife - I want to live and I want to live my life to the fullest. I recently sat and thought about how ridiculous it was that I was sitting and watching these reality shows, watching other people living their lives while I was sitting on a couch letting mine just pass me by. I want things to change, I want to spend time with my boys and make their life the best I can for them while they are little and home with me and try to show them that they can do whatever they want in life if they put in the effort and work hard. I don't want them to remember their mom as the lady who cooked tons of fattening foods and then sat around watching tv. I want them to have the mom who runs around in the back yard with them - who takes them to the park - for walks - plays sports with them - and takes them to do fun things. I want them to experience all that life has to offer. I love my parents to death and I had an amazing childhood with 2 loving parents who were ALWAYS there when I needed them - but we never did much outside of our house, still to this day my parents never take vacations or do fun things, they are home bodies - and if that is what makes them happy then that is ok with me. I just want more for myself and for my kids - life is so short and I want msyelf and them to experience as much as possible with the time that we have.

Wow - I had no idea that this post was going to lead to all of that =) Have a great day and do something fun and turn the tv off!! =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment