Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Weigh In and some reflections ....

Today was weigh in day – nothing to get excited about, I stayed the same – no gain/no loss … I can’t say I am surprised after the way I “snacked” all weekend.

I have noticed that I really, really, really need to start being more accountable with what I am eating. I am making smart choices for most of my meals but then I am taking bites while I am getting the kids food on their plates, or eating what they left or adding just a “little bit” of cheese to something and not counting any of it…. I need to be more accountable! At least until I get to my goal weight I need to keep track of every crumb that I eat. 

I am also contemplating getting up early and exercising – unfortunately I have about a 45 minute commute to work and I also have to drop my kids off at my mom’s on the way to work. I have to be at work by 7:00 am so I leave my house no later than 6:00 am – sooooo I would have to get up around 4:00 AM to exercise. I am so not a morning person but if I exercised in the morning then I would have my evenings to just relax with my boys and enjoy time with them. They go to bed at 8:00 pm so if I played my cards right I could be in bed falling asleep by 9:00 pm … I know people do this all the time so why couldn’t I?? and I wouldn’t have to do this on the weekends so it would only be during  the week … I could do this, right??? lol   

I did have an awesome NSV (non scale victory) last night. On the way home from work the husband called and said he didn’t feel like dealing with dinner or the mess from dinner (he doesn’t work on Mondays) and he wanted me to pick something up. He ended up picking Penn Station – I completely forgot that any sandwich they have you can make into a salad and the guy at the counter was rushing me like he had a date or something … so I ended up just picking a sandwich that wasn’t smothered in cheese. I got home and looked up the calories, for The Club – a small one was something like 638 calories and 32 g of Fat … I had taken one bite – after I saw that I wrapped it up and told the husband he had lunch for tomorrow. I made myself a Boca chicken patty on wheat bread w/ ½ C turkey chili left from this weekend. I felt much better about that decision. The old me would have not just eaten a small I would have had a large sandwich and probably fries too. OMG just thinking about the amount of calories I  was eating gives me a heart attack! Yay me for not giving into temptation because that sandwich did taste amazing…8)    

I am starting to get a love/hate relationship with running – I had an awesome run last night but it took everything I had and I mean everything at the very end I thought my legs were literally going to fall off – still not 3 miles, but a little over 2.5 … I really wanted to hang in there but I just couldn’t. I have so much more respect for people who run marathons! How they do it, I do not know! I just take comfort in knowing I have come so far I am running non-stop for 2.5 miles this is a huge accomplishment for me and I have to keep reminding myself that. With that said, I feel like I’ve hit a wall with running, I feel like I should be getting stronger and I actually feel the opposite – I feel like it is taking every ounce of energy I have to run for 25 minutes, and I am not going that fast either I start at 5.5 and usually end at 5.0 … I know I need to just be patient with this too but sometimes that is easier said than done. I feel on top of the world when I am done and drenched with sweat – I feel like I accomplished something but during my run I want to blow that treadmill up and never look at it again =) … I also really want to try running outside, unfortunately I live in a subdivision with no streets and hills that would make sledding a death trap … so I will have to find another place to run. I just think that sometimes on the treadmill I am constantly looking at the time and distance and its kind of like watching a pot of water waiting for it to boil.

This is all a learning experience and I am learning and getting better each day!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

1 comment:

  1. I share your love/hate relationship with running. But I can't run 2.5 miles straight. That's great. I just do intervals.

    Congrats on the NSV!

    ReplyDelete