Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Feeling Better ...

Well I made it in to work today - allergy meds are finally kicking in. I still look like I've been either awake for days or passin' the pipe but I feel 100 times better!! 8)

I don't know if this is how it goes for everyone else but when I am sick or don't feel like doing much and it seems like my hunger kicks into over drive - I turn into this guy


Feed me Seymore, Feed me!  .... lol ... something about being lazy equals eating crap and lots of it. I have eaten just that the past few days.. today was much better, I kept track of my calories and I ran and it felt soooo good! I really truly enjoy running - I think I can say that now, not ready to say I love it just yet, but I do like it a lot. I wonder if just running is going to be enough though ... I have tried doing other exercises in addition to running and I just can't find anything that I enjoy as much or that I really want to do - I hate doing the exercises where you do 10 squats, then 10 lunges, then 10 jumpedy jumps... lol I just get bored with it and don't enjoy it and I like the amount of calories I burn while running also - So my question to you is - Is running enough? Can I lose the amount of weight I want to lose just by running??? ... Please say yes!! ha ha 8)

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you are feeling better! :) I wish running was enough. I'd be set! I actually just started adding in some weight training to my routine because my loss has stalled with only a little bit to go. I am reading The New Rules of Weightlifting for Women. PS- I love Jumpedy jumps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about zumba? That's a lot of fun. And biking. And swimming. Spinning classes.

    Running is great (even speed walking) but if you add weight training you will shrink a lot faster. The scale WILL NOT be your friend at first but it really does shrink you. (I should take my own advice!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I can't quite figure out how to "reply" to comments yet, so I thought I would hop over here and respond to you. But first, I think running will work initially, because I do believe it is the best exercise for burning calories. But once you lose the initial 10-20 pounds, I think weight training plays a huge role in burning additional calories and adding definitiion to your body. And, it burns calories for a longer period of time throughout the day. Running seems to be more of an instant gratification rather than a long-term benefit. At any rate, I need to do some research to find myself a good upper body weight training routine. Maybe we can toss our ideas back and forth and come up with something to help both of us?

    And by the way, I am really proud of you for your other contrubition this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete