Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Gobble It Up Turkey Meatloaf!!

Oh yeah! My turkey meatloaf was a success - it was way better than I ever thought it could be! I've tried to cook with ground turkey before and never had any success ... but today was a different day! lol - I am being so dramatic but I am seriously happy that it turned out so well - for one I didn't waste a whole pound of ground turkey and two I now have a good healthy recipe that the whole family loved.

Here is The Husband's plate, I scarfed mine down too fast and forgot to take a pic ... I put ketchup on mine, he doesn't do red sauce ...



I really can't tell you how good this was - I am now going to make turkey burgers with pretty much the same ingredients - per the husband's request :)

I got my inspiration from Gina's Petite Turkey Meatloaves but I tweaked it a little and here is what I did...

  • 1/2 small onion, minced

  • 1/3 cup green bell pepper

  • 1 tsp olive oil

  • 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey

  • 1/2 cup oatmeal

  • 1/4 cup ketchup + 2 tbsp

  • 1/4 cup parmesean cheese

  • 2 tsp worcesterchire sauce

  • 1 large egg

  • salt, pepper, garlic powder <~~ i put that s&*@ on everything!! lol


  • Basically just mix all the ingredients, form into small loaves - I got 5 out of this and put in the oven @ 350 for 40 minutes - if you like top with ketchup at about 5 mins remaining - they were perfect!! ... I put the recipe into caloriecount.com and it came to 300 calories per loaf.

    I can't wait to make this again!  ... Now I am off to bed - we had an exciting night of tornadoes and thunderstorms, it is still raining as I type - perfect time to catch some zzzzz's!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment