Monday, April 25, 2011

Good Easter but Disappointed ...

I really try not to make my blog a place where I come to whine and complain - my whole goal of this blog is to hopefully someday be able to inspire or encourage someone else to be a better, healthier person and to learn from my successes but to also learn from my failures. Let's face it, we all make mistakes.

So my Easter weekend started out great ... Saturday we had some errands to run and just enjoyed some time at home. I did great eating and even ran 3 miles Saturday night. It felt great! ... Then Easter happened .. My 4 year old woke up at 6:30 AM like it was Christmas morning or something. We left their baskets on the dining room table and he ran in the dining room screaming - MOM! DAD! the Easter Bunny came, the Easter Bunny came! ... I couldn't believe he woke up SO EARLY! lol ... but he was very happy ...


His little brother was pretty excited too - this time last year he was only about 8 weeks old ...


Playin' with the Easter Bunny's Loot

And by the end of the night - he crashed hard!



So where did I go wrong?? I didn't control myself! All the boys wanted a big breakfast - including biscuits and gravy, eggs, and sausage. I had half a biscuit with a spoonful of gravy and 2 scrambled eggs. Then we went to the husbands side of the family and they had a huge spread! Ham, Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean bundles, potatoe salad, stuffing, hot wing dip and more desserts than I could care to admit. I had a piece of ham, a little bit of turkey, 2 green bean bundles and a spoonful of mashed potatoes - all shared with my 1 year old and honestly I think he ate more than I did, lol - I resisted all the desserts and it was HARD!! ... Then we went to my mom's - she had a lot of the same stuff, Ham, potato salad, chips and dip ... I started the "munching" as soon as I walked in the door - as if I had no idea what I was doing - started with chips and dip and 2 deviled eggs, then I had a few more chips a little while later - then my mom got out the desserts, I had a small slice of yellow cake with strawberries and whip cream and a sliver of apple pie - ok, you think I would stop there right?? Then we started playing games and everyone was munching on something, so I got MORE chips and dip, 2 pieces of ham and ate one minature reeses egg ... It was seriously like I had thrown everything out the window from the past 8 weeks ...

When will this become easier? When will I be able to walk into a room with junk food and say ya know what, i don't need this stuff, I can have this stuff any time if I just have to have it, I don't have to eat it just because it is there ... I feel like I didn't just let myself down yesterday - I had a lot of people telling me this weekend that I looked great and asking me if I was losing weight and asking how i was doing it ... and then I go and pig out ... I got on the scale this morning and wanted to cry .... I really wanted that 3 lbs off this week to get to 20 lbs lost - and now I will be lucky to be back where I was last week and not end up with a gain! ... But this is where things are going to be different this time - usually this is where i would say why am I even trying and I would give up - but not this time... This is where I look back and see what I did and actually learn from my mistakes ... I am going to get up, dust myself off and get right back at it.

We did get our smart phones this weekend and I love it! So today I made the decision that until I can get the munching under control and until I can make a meal for my kids without taking bites of this and that I am going to take a picture of everything I eat - even if it is just one bite, if I want to eat it, I have to take a pic of it - that will really make me think twice before taking a bite. Because recording it later online just isn't working ... I can do this!! I've been doing it - 17 lbs is a lot of weight, I have to keep telling myself that!

So sorry for the rant and the non-uplifting post but everyone has a bad day now and then and I hope someday I can look back and read this and learn from it.

I hope your Easter was fabulous! Weigh in tomorrow - wish me luck, I'm going to need it!!

1 comment:

  1. I have had SUCH a hard time over the past few days with all of the yummy candies at work and at home. I probably shouldn't have bought my kids candy, but I really want them to grow up having a healthy attitude towards candy. I figure if I make it totally off limits than they will go overboard when the candy is available. I started my day with a tiny snickers and it was all downhill from there. Bleh!

    ReplyDelete