Saturday, April 16, 2011

Gotta Keep Your Head In The Game!

So I have been doing so good with trying to change my lifestyle and become healthy once and for all .... I know it is not going to be easy ... but it seems like people all around me are taking the easy way out and getting good results - but non-lasting results but it still is kind of frustrating when I am working my ass off and I have people around me taking pills and dropping crazy weight.

Life doesn't come with one of these

And neither does being healthy and changing your life.


There is a guy at my work that is doing the HCG diet - where you take drops of the HCG hormone and then follow a strict diet and he has lost 30 lbs in about 3 months.  Then there is a lady I work with who is taking some diet supplement pills and lost 11 lbs in her first week .. Its like oh really thats nice, I have been eating right and exercising for 8 weeks now and I've lost 15 ... Now I know that most likely they will gain all their weight back because as soon as they eat normally their weight is going to come right back on and the slower you lose the better and more likely you are to keep it off. But damn it would be nice to lose a little quicker!

This just proves to me that I need to keep my head in the game! I need to keep focused - my hard work will pay off - if I just stick with it! How many times have I given up then thought weeks or months later - if I just would have stuck with it where would I be now? Its ok to have a few bad days or even a bad week - if you just keep going and refuse to give up - your hard work will pay off! The easy way is NOT always the best way!

Ok I am done preaching at myself for the day =) Hope you have a great weekend planned!

2 comments:

  1. You were reading my mind this morning! It seems like as soon as the bathing suits hit the store shelves the ads for lost weight fast gimmicks started popping up everywhere. We are doing it the right way and that is what will last. I get so angry at companies selling this junk and have to bite my tongue when people start talking about the miracle of their "new" diet plan. Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that anything that requires you to take drops and not eat over 500 calories in a day is not something I can live with for the rest of my life.

    I still like my red wine, pizza and bagels too much! I've lost 11.2 pounds this year so far - even when I took six weeks "off" while my husband was battling colon cancer. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete