Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Don't Understand ... But I'm Not Giving Up!

Today was weigh in ... it wasn't horrible but it also was NOT what I wanted to see ... it said 175 again... I really don't get it - I was 174 on Sunday and I did so good the last few days; avoiding SEVERAL temptations - but if I look at the past week I didn't do so well, I didn't exercise Tues - Sat, I let "life" get in my way and when I could have chosen to make time, I didn't. I watched what I ate but I didn't track like I should have. If I really want to lose this weight I need to get my head in the game - there is no room for laziness when there is still so much weight to be lost. I am feeling the best I have felt in about 6 years and I am NOT going to give this up - I am going to fight, I am going to push and I will NOT let a stall on the scale set me back - never again! 

I kind of made a goal this weekend - or at least I told my mom that by the time I am 30 I want to weigh 135. My own personal goal is 145. I will be 29 this June so I have a whole year to lose 40 lbs to get to my goal - my mom says, that should be no problem. It is totally attainable but the closer you get to goal the harder it is to lose - I think initially it comes off somewhat easy but fighting for the last few pounds is really hard and then holding on to the weight loss is even harder! ... But! I can do this! and I will do this ... 135 before I turn 30! ... Game on!

4 comments:

  1. You have lost almost 20 pds in 3 months! That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's frustrating but I don't know anyone who hasn't had a weight stall at least a couple of times. It just happens. You keep working hard at it and then you get a *swoosh* on the scale. Just keep with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Sam. I totally feel your pain. This is a HUGE reason why I don't weigh in often. I try to weigh-in every week, but a lot of times I weigh in every two weeks. This way, I see a bigger progression on the scale and it motivates me to keep going. Personally for me, I find that I get really discouraged if I weigh every few days because there are too many things that can factor in my total weight. I got all upset when I gained weight once, only to find out it was hormonal water weight. Maybe you did eat more than normal, and exercise less than normal? So what! Put your big girl sneakers on and run anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Sam! I'm looking forward to following along on your successful journey!

    ReplyDelete