Friday, May 13, 2011

To P90 or Not to P90 ...

So I am thinking about jumping on the "bandwagon" and doing P90X - my husband made a copy of it for a relative and kept a copy for our house - he has no intentions on doing it so I thought maybe I should try it. I love running and I have been getting great results doing it but I know eventually I am going to have to add something else into the mix. To be honest P90X scares the Bejesus outta me! Looks really hard and not so sure I want to tackle something like that right now - on the other hand it would be a challenge and I think that is exactly what I need - to sort of "step up my game" at this point. A few years back I did a boot camp class in a local park ran by a former drill sargeant and OMG I thought I was going to die taking that class, but I stuck it out and I finished it - after every class I said I am not going back, this is crazy, I am too fat for this... but I kept going back ... So deep down I feel like if I really put my all into this I might see some great results. If I end up doing this, I plan on taking Day 1, Day 30, Day 60 and Day 90 pictures ... I still have 30 lbs  to lose and this could help me do that.

What do you think? What are your thoughts on P90X??? Pros? Cons? ... Think I could handle it? :)

In other news - we are finally getting our friggin swing set up this weekend - my dad, brother and gpa are coming to help me and the husband and I couldn't be happier! It has sat in our garage since last September and my four year old is constanstly asking when he can play on his swingset ... I will post pics of the construction and *hopefully* the end result with my kids swinging! =) 

Yesterday my cousin came over with her two little girls - I haven't seen her since I started on this mission to get healthy and as soon as she walked in she looked and me and said - OMG you look so skinny - how much weight have you lost?? .... That made me feel good =) ... Sometimes it's hard to tell when the loss is gradual and people in your everyday lives can't see a big change either.

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL weekend - I hope I can come back Monday with a lot of good pictures of a sweet swingset!

1 comment:

  1. I think that you can survive P90X if you survived the boot camp!! Several of my b/f's coworkers did it at lost a lot of weight (they're police officers). I think you can do it!

    ReplyDelete