Monday, May 2, 2011

You're Not Alone ...

If there is one thing I have learned since finding the "blog world" it's that I am so not alone in my journey to get healthy - I have read blog after blog with women who are going through very similar struggles. I am not the only one in this world who gets excited about going to a wedding because I know there will be good food and cake! I am not the only one who suffers through the summer wearing jeans and baggy t-shirts because I don't want anyone to see my flabby arms and cottage cheese legs. I am not the only one who goes through a drive through on the way home some days and gets a "snack" before dinner without telling anyone.... I could go on and on ... I am working on all of these things and I find myself getting better and better each day, I see the pounds coming off and my hard work paying off! But through it all it is so nice to know I am not alone and that just maybe I can help someone else who is going through the same struggles that I am. These aren't just blogs that we read, these are other people's real lives, real struggles and real victories. I am glad I get to be a part of it.

Now I am no gangster believe it or not but I do love some Eminem from time to time ... ha ha (especially while running on the treadmill), I feel weird just typing that ... I cannot get his lyrics for his song I'm Not Afraid out of my head because its truly how I feel about my journey to a healthy life ...

I'm not afraid to take a stand
Everybody come take my hand
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just let you know that, you're not alone
Holla if you feel that you've been down the same road

And I just can't keep living this way
So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage
I'm standing up, Imma face my demons
I'm manning up, Imma hold my ground
I've had enough, now I'm so fed up
Time to put my life back together right now

I hope you know that you are not alone on your journey and that there are many people out there facing the exact same issues you are facing and who have conquered their demons and met their goals and you can to!

Not sure where this post came from tonight - maybe someone out there really needs to hear this, or maybe I just needed to hear it again.

Tomorrow is weigh in for me - I am nervous and excited, I hope to see a loss! Until then ...

3 comments:

  1. I love this song! I feel the same way about the lyrics too! Eminem is good running music for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love M&M! My fav workout song by him is "I'm a soldier"...not appropriate with the kiddos around. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring stuff! Just found you, just tweeted you, just blogrolled you. You deserve to get more hits!

    ReplyDelete