Thursday, June 2, 2011

I have a choice ....

So yesterday the husband so lovingly reminded me that I need to get my arse back on the treadmill! - At first I thought - who does he think he is? He doesn't exercise, he sits on the couch playing video games while I run and sweat, he eats crazy fattening foods while I watch what I eat and try to make better choices - but then I woke up and said at least he cares and realizes that this is important to me and that the choices I have been making have been making a difference - he wants me to succeed because he knows it will make me a better me, it will make me happy. So then I put on my big girl panties, got my running shoes on and I ran!  It felt AMAZING! I haven't ran in over a week - took the whole week of "staycation" off and my body was craving exercise! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, I thought I would be struggling and honestly before I jumped on the treadmill I had thoughts of just skipping one more day and "taking it easy" - but then I made a choice, I chose to Just Do It!

While running I had this sort of light bulb moment - I guess you could call it that. I realized that the weight loss, the becoming healthy and the changing my life are all results of the choices I make and only my choices. No one else can choose to exercise for me, no one else can choose to skip the cake and icecream - it is all up to me and MY choices.
The hamburger or the apple? - It's my choice ....

To be a wimp or to be strong? - It's my choice......

What am I going to do to change? - It's my choice....

And this just doesn't apply to weight loss - I see so many miserable people, I work with a lot of them! But I truly believe that they CHOOSE to be that way - life is what you make it! If you are unhappy it's because you choose to be - you get out of life what you put into it. Same goes for relationships, jobs, WEIGHT LOSS - if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.... think about it!


So what choice are you going to make? Are you going to choose to skip that workout today and relax because you're just too tired? Are you going to choose to go to that fast food place because you just don't feel like cooking a healthy meal? Or are you going to choose to fight, choose to make better choices, choose to make a better you? - It's YOUR choice ...


I think you can!



1 comment: