Monday, June 6, 2011

A taste of camping....

So we went swimming in the river over the weekend - The Husband took me where he goes camping and has gone since he was a youngin' 8) ... We left at 7:30 AM and got home around 12:30 AM - so it was a long day but it was fun!!

First time for me swimming in the river and my boys too - they loved it! We were all a little unsure at first, and I was having doubts after seeing my first water snake coming right at me, I didn't know this big girl could move that fast! ha ha ha! I don't do snakes, they pretty much scare the crap out of me!

So we swam, did some fishing, swam some more - went into "town" to get some icecream and then we built a fire and roasted some weinees 8) It really was a relaxing day - I think I am ready for the real deal now!

Here are a few pics from our trip ....
The boys ready to go swimming!!!

Layton with his turtle - momma almost got ran over picking up on the way there. Country folks don't mess around when they drive - stay out of their way!!


Me acting goofy by the fire - "camping" puts us all in a great mood! Love the quiet, no plans, no phones, no computers... just relaxation!! Love it!


Me and the boys waiting for the fire to get hot .. The husband was there just not in any of the pics 8)

Hope you all had a great weekend too - I'll be back tomorrow for weigh in ...



1 comment:

  1. Sam - I shared the Adorable Blog award with you! Go check it out :) http://the-big-weight.blogspot.com/2011/06/adorable-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete