Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Weigh-In and Re-Evaluation

So today was weigh-in day, I did have a loss since last week - down to 173.5 (again) ... While I should be happy with a loss I still kind of disappointed in myself.  I am going back and forth on the scale - I weighed 173.5 3 weeks ago - I could be in the 160's by now.. I need to get myself together! While I definitely enjoyed my "week off" and still think that it is ok to do that every once in awhile, I have also definitely found it hard to get back into the swing of things. I find myself starting to track my food at the beginning of the day but then by the end of the day I am just eating what I "think" is right and not really calculating - for me that is dangerous! That is why I had to quit doing Weight Watchers points - because if I didn't know the points for something I started guesstimating and that just didn't work. I have also been slacking in the exercise department - last night I literally had to drag myself onto the treadmill. I am still kind of shocked I even did it. I dreaded every minute of it and I was miserable - this is not good! I need to - want to - exercise and up until now, I have had that craving for some kind of physical activity, I love to sweat!

So after dealing with all of this and thinking it over I think it is time for some re-commiting, I CANNOT give up at this point - it's not an option! ...  I still have a loooooong way ahead of me! ... So I have decided, no more "breaks" until I am at least to my goal and even then, nothing crazy, lol. I want to go back to setting small goals and having something to work towards. My first mini-goal will be to be in the 160's by my birthday, which is June 27th - so 3 weeks to lose 4.5 lbs - I can do that! I also want to challenge myself to track EVERYDAY for a month - if I can do it for a month I just might make it a permanent habit. I always do well during the week while going to work - its easy to stick to routine there. But like most others, the weekends always kill me. I NEVER track on the weekends - I just try to "watch" what I eat - gotta break this habit! The other challenge is I want to work out at least 5 days a week - I know things come up and your body just needs rest sometimes but I think 5 days is a good number for me.

So here are my goals thus far:
1. Be in the 160's by my birthday, June 27th.
2. Track my calories - EVERYDAY.
3. Workout at least 5 days a week.

I am also changing my weigh in days to Wednesday - just because I feel like changing it up a bit.

So here is to recommiting myself and getting back at it! It's my choice - and I choose to kill this fat once and for all 8)      

3 comments:

  1. "I am just eating what I "think" is right and not really calculating - for me that is dangerous!" - this says it all, Sam.
    Sorry to hear so much disappointment from you, please be kind to Sam. This has to be a process, and a life-long one at that, never a quick-fix.
    Roadbumps happen, waves of motivation or lack come, it's all part of life so just roll with it, get back up as often as necessary and keep pushing ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem as you as far as tracking on the weekends... Even when I was still using ETools, I would paper track on the weekends and that helped (I picked up this tip from another blogger I think). I guess because part of my lack of tracking on the weekends was because I didn't want to stay tethered to my computer and/or phone. I look forward to a positive update next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you! I have totally slacked lately, and while I'm still very much in this fight, my heart isn't as into it as it should be. I have not gained anything at this point, but to only lose 1 pound in a two week time span is SO dissapointing! I also hear you about the weekends. That is when I generally lose myself. It just isn't fair when my husband gets to eat what he wants and I can't have any of the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete