Thursday, July 28, 2011

Stick with What Works ..

So I am really pissed at myself for letting things get away from me - I was doing so good when I started off in February, dropping weight steadily. Then we went on our "staycation" in June and I took a week off and all hell broke loose. I have had the hardest time getting back on track. Thankfully, I think I am finally back to where I should be. Over the weekend I stepped on the scale and saw a very scary number - 180!! I promised myself I would never go back to the 180's again. The only good thing that came out of seeing that number was it put the fear of fatness into me! I got my butt back in to gear; went grocery shopping and bought a bunch of healthy foods, did some meal planning and got back on the treadmill. I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 174.

It's so funny I've tried diet after diet and they never work!! For a few days yes but then they get old and I go back to my old ways. This time I have found what really, truly works for me! Counting calories and exercise - I just have to stick to what I know works!!! If I would have done that, think of how far I could have been by now ... I can't do that though, I can't change what is already done. All I can do is get back to eating right, exercising and taking care of myself! If something is working and you feel great, then don't stray from it! Stick with it - it's not always going to be easy and you are going to want to quit - but you have to look at the big picture and know that if you just hang in there the end result will be worth every skipped brownie, every drop of sweat, every bottle of water ... It will be worth it all!!

I am so glad I didn't let the scale defeat me, so glad I got back on track and I will NOT see 180 EVER AGAIN on my scale!!  =)

Stick to what you know works - and kick some ass!!!

2 comments: