Friday, July 29, 2011

What Can I Do to Make It Better??

"I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."~Henry David Thoreau

I stole this quote from another blog, Keepint it Off, and it is excatly what I needed to read today. I am sitting here at my job - putting label after label on envelopes that will be sent out to customers with an advertistement stuffed inside and all I can think is - Is this it? Is this my life? Sitting at a job I hate day in and day out - going home cooking dinner, sitting in front of the tv, putting the kids to bed at 8:00 pm, running on the treadmill, taking a shower, going to bed and then getting up and repeating this exact same schedule monday - friday. The weekends are grocery shopping, laundry, grass cutting ... I definitely think if I died today I just might have the feeling that I have not lived ...

I've always been the one to play it safe, to stay in my comfort zone and NEVER take a risk. Hell I will avoid a roller coaster at all cost because they scare the shit out of me - but I have gone on a few kicking and screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment