Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Why do you have bubbles on your leg??

Ha Ha!! I love kids, I love their honesty and how they don't sugar coat anything! Sometimes it can be a little embarrasing and even hurtful but sometimes the truth hurts! ... Yesterday we had all just woken up and we were getting ready for the day and I was still in my pajamas (a t-shirt and underwear, it was HOT!) ... I was standing at the kitchen counter and my 4 year old walks up and points to my upper leg and says "Mom - do you see that! Why do you have bubbles on your leg???" I kind of laughed and then told him, that's the fat mommy is trying to get rid of when she is running on the treadmill!! ... Ha ha! ... He was very amazed and didn't really know what to think of it all. Poor kid! ha ha ... all I can do is laugh because eventually it will be gone, but at this point in time, it is what it is :)

So yesterday I got an awesome workout cutting the grass - I was completely soaked with sweat by the time I was done - it has been 100+ here the past few days and we had put off cutting the grass as long as we could. I honestly don't think I have ever sweated that much, but it felt good!! I have a VERY hilly back yard and it is huge - took me an hour to the front and backyard and when I was done I was so sore I could barely move - I love that feeling :)

I have decided to start making some mini-goals. I have been reading some blogs with others who are doing this and it seems to help breaking things up and not having this HUGE goal to reach. I am 174 today, ultimately I want to weigh 135 by the time I am 30 (June 27, 2012) ... just a personal goal of mine, I want to see myself at that weight and I want to just have the accomplishment of reaching it. I will be happy at 145 but I want to prove to myself that if I really want something bad enough I can do it ... So anyways, back to smaller goals. My first small goal is to be 160 by September 5th (Labor Day) ... that is 8 weeks away. 14 pounds in 8 weeks would be 1.75 lbs/week ... I can do that!  This would also be 33 lbs lost total! After this I will set another mini goal - and so on until I reach my ultimate goal of 135.

So stay tuned - watch me shrink and meet each goal..... Now I just need to think of some rewards for each goal I meet!!

What about you? Do you set mini goals? What are your rewards??

3 comments:

  1. I like this idea of mini goals and have instituted this concept myself. I started out with 10 lbs goals, but that is taking me awhile :). I may need to break it down even further into 5 lbs goals! I had a hard time coming up with rewards as well. One of the things I had a hard time with was, "should I really be buying myself all these presents?" I feel a little guilty (even though I have yet to meet my first 10 lbs goal - so perhaps I should stop worrying!). I don't know.. I look forward to see what you come up with! For me, they need to be things I really want, so that I work hard for them... This is Hilary from The Big Weight - I need to fix my Google account so it's not showing dots..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live by mimi goals. I never would have started losing if I said, "I am going to lose 170 pounds and have plastic surgery to remove excess skin." That would have TERRIFIED me. My goals were: below 300, 275, 250, 208 (no longer obese), 199.... I am now working on 185 and then 174 (which is my final goal- no longer overweight. Reward ideas- pedicure, new outfit, night out with friends, Prior fat girl t-shirt (my next incentive!), date nights with hubby. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely set mini-goals... sometimes just for a week, sometimes for a month. I also try to keep my overall long-term goal in mind. Your progress has been so fantastic! Keep up the great work. You also mention that you read a few blogs... if you're interested in reading one more, I'm working at losing weight while being a mom too :) http://u281219.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete