Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fried Eggplant & A New Recipe Website

So I made Fried Eggplant last night and it was not so good =( ... I really wanted it to be good because I would really like to add eggplant to something we eat on a regular basis but I just didn't like the taste. It has a "squashy" taste to me and I just wasn't feeling it. I am not a huge squash fan either unless it is mixed with grilled veggies or something like that. The husband agreed with me and said he didn't like it - but that doesn't suprise me, the only veggie he eats consistantly is broccoli. Funny story: I also made cauliflower last night with dinner and I guess this was the first time my 4 year old realized he was eating it - he said Mom! What happened to my broccoli? It turned white?? ... so the husband and I had to have a little fun and we told him someone stole the green out of all the broccoli and that from now on all broccoli would be white ... he thought that was pretty funny, gobbled it up and then asked for more White Broccoli ... ha ha ha!

So I found this new awesome website for Healthy Recipes its called Dashing Dish, Katie is doing a give-away right now so head over and check out her site and get it on her give-away =) Her recipes look so good and I can't wait to try them. First on my list is going to be this one that Mama Laughlin suggested.

Chicken Enchilada Pockets

So go check out her site and tell me about any recipes you try! I can't wait to go through the rest and pick some more to try. Love how she makes "healthy" food look so good! =) 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe website. I love looking for new way to incorporate healthy foods into our cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story about your son... so cute!

    ReplyDelete