Wednesday, August 10, 2011

You're Beautiful!

So last night I did something I have been wanting to do for awhile, nothing huge but it was a big step for me. I went swimming in our neighbor's pool .... We have lived in our house for 3 years now and they have asked every summer for us to come up swimming. I went once and watched (sweating my ass off) my oldest and the husband swim and the husband has gone up there a few times without me. I never felt comfortable enough and was too embarrassed to get into a swimming suit in front of them. So yesterday we were cutting the grass and sweating like pigs and here comes the neighbor - come up and swim when you get done!! So we went and it was fun! The neighbor lady says - your skin is so pretty, look at your tan! I said well thanks I've been getting a lot more sun this summer than I usually do - and she says - You are so beautiful! and I just kind of laughed it off ... and she says, I'm serious you really are beautiful! You should of come up sooner and swam with us... I said I know, I just have issues with being in a swimming suit and yada yada ... and she says - Are you kidding me? Who cares! We don't care what you look like, we just want you to have a good time.... and you look great so you have nothing to worry about anyways!! ...  So she made me feel great, even if she was just being nice. But the point is, I don't care what other people think any more. My kids had a blast last night and they got to have a blast with their Dad AND Mom, they aren't little for long so its time to cease the moment and LIVE in the moment and not worry what other people think!  I want my kids to have fun, happy memories of their childhood - not memories of a depressed, bitter momma who never did anything.   Live in the moment!!!

Ok, so about the blog - I have decided I am not going to do weekly weigh ins, I'm not going to focus so much on weight loss ... I just want to write about my life and what is going on and not be so stressed about the weight loss - sometimes I think I put too much stress on myself and it ends up backfiring and actually hurting my results. So I will write about my days, exercise, recipes, my kids, my family .... my life ... and that's it =) I am still on a mission to get healthy and I will share any tips or new things I try, to make my life a healthier one! I just want to enjoy life and BE HAPPY!!! =)

2 comments:

  1. Love this post Sam! It's so liberating to no longer worry about what people think about you. I've actually found that I am now, post weight loss, more concerned with what others think about my body than I was at 356 pounds. Eeek! So much of our journies happen in our mind and heart. I bet your kids had a blast in the pool with their mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your posts no matter what!

    ReplyDelete