Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Keep Calm and Go For a Run!

Yesterday was one of those days that I felt like this:

I get home, start making dinner while I have 2 boys yelling they are hungry and want a snack - NOW! Then they need a drink, then they are bored and need to be entertained... I am trying to empty the dishwasher while my 1 year old is filling it up with his cars and the 5 year old is doing gymnastics off the living room furniture. Then the husband gets home and says - dinner isn't ready yet?!?! ... And why oh why is it that when everyone is hungry and waiting for dinner they have to be right up my butt in the kitchen while I am trying to move and get things done ... I mean seriously - if you left me alone it might get in your mouth sooner! ... I finally get dinner done and everyone is happy for about 15 mins.... Then it's can we have a snack now, do you wanna play a game? Why aren't you spending time with the kids? Don't forget you have to iron, Mom he hit me ... Mom! Mom! Mom! ... Seriously I thought I was going to pull my hair out - it was just one of those nights! So after putting my SCREAMING children to bed and I mean screaming, not sure what was going on last night, must have been a full moon or something ...

Instead of thinking like this:

And trust me that thought did cross my mind! All I could think about was this:


With every Mom! I heard my kids yell, with every smart ass comment from the husband, with every piece of clothing I had to iron, with every load of laundry ... all I could think about was I want to run and I want to run now! .... Once I finally got the kids to bed I got on the treadmill as fast as I could and I ran until my legs wouldn't go any more and it felt freakin' fantastic! I took every thing that was bothering me and I ran from it! By the time I was done running the kids were asleep (and not screaming any more) ... the husband was in bed ... and I took a nice long hot shower and just enjoyed the peace and quiet.

I love that instead of turning to food or alcohol (cuz that thought crossed my mind too!) I decided to run! You should try it - next time you are stressed or pissed off at the world, put your running shoes on and just go! You will feel so much better afterwards. I know I did!

Made a new recipe last night in the crockpot for dinner tonight. It will be nice to just warm it up when I get home and not have to deal with making and cleaning a huge mess ... White Bean Chicken Chili from Dashing Dish ... I will tell you how it is tomorrow.

Have a good night! 

1 comment:

  1. I've been seeing a lot of these "Keep Calm" references lately. I have a major problem staying calm. It sounds like you handled all of that perfectly. I would've probably completely lost my patience in this situation.

    ReplyDelete