Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Recipe and Count Your Blessings

Ok, I tried the Chicken Rollatini last night and it was SOOOOOOOO good! You must try this. Very good and very low fat. I actually ended up using turkey cutlets because my grocery store did not have chicken cutlets. But it was still VERY good, definitely a repeat meal for us.

Here is what it looked like before I put it in:

And the after picture is horrible because I couldn't wait to eat this and I almost forgot to take a pic, so I was half way done eating it when I finally remembered - sorry! ha ha
Look at that yummy melted cheese and prosciutto all wrapped up. I am telling you make this dish and make it now!
So anyways, I can't say enough how good this was and not a calorie buster either - I love when I find good recipes that taste very good and don't have a ton of calories, makes for one happy momma =)

So now the count your blessings part of the post. I have been in kind of a funk lately just thinking about all the weight I need to lose and ticked about the weight I lost and then gained back and thinking how far I could be now if I would have just stuck with it. And then just the "winter blues" I guess, being stuck in the house and being cold. Looking around at my house and seeing all the work that needs to be done to it and all the money we don't have to that work ... and then for some reason today on the drive home it hit me that I really need to start being grateful for what I do have. I have a house, it may need some work but it provides us a place to live, a place to keep warm, a place to sleep and a place to call home. I may not be as thin as I want to be right now, but I have my health. I am not sick and neither is anyone in my family, that alone is something I should be extremely grateful for- there are so many suffering with cancers and other terminal illnesses, I should be thanking God everyday that he let me wake up another day. And while we may not be rich and famous we still have enough money to put clothes on our backs and food on the table, we drive decent automobiles and our children never go without. So the next time you start to feel sorry for yourself - think of all the great things in your life. Could things be better? Sure, but things could also be A LOT worse! Never take your "simple" life for granted.

I have no idea where that came from today but I am glad I thought about it - puts things into perspective.

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely appreciate the latter part of your post. It's a good reminder for me bc I'm often in this slump of hating my job, hating living in dc, not owning a house (we live in a condo), etc etc. but I have my health, I have a wonderful fiancé who loves me so, and there really is nothing I should be complaining about. Great post Sam. That chicken looked awesome and I plan on trying that curry chicken this week!!

    ReplyDelete