Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A New Year ... A New Start

First off, Happy New Year! ... I am here yet again, starting over. That is all I can do, I cannot dwell on the past and my past failures. So here I am to start this journey once again and hoping this time it clicks and I can get it together and get healthy!!

I got on the treadmill last night and ran - it felt so good to sweat and move my body but my lungs were burning and my legs felt like they were going to fall off... but I did it and that's all that matters to me =) ... I walked/ran a mile and a half. I really want to get back into running - I think after last night, my best bet would be starting the C25K over again. I think I am just going to sign up for a 5K and then I will have to do it - I just wonder if winter time is the best time for running my first 5K - I guess there is no time like the present though, might as well bite the bullet!

I have put this off long enough - I now have 25 weeks until my 30th birthday. I am pretty sure I will not be to my goal of 135 by then but I could get pretty darn close if I push really hard. I weighed in yesterday at 194.5 ... yep, I put ALL the weight back on that I had lost, plus 1 pound ... It's very disappointing and I really could kick myself for doing it - but like I said before all I can do now is pick myself back up and try again.

I tell you what - if you need to lose weight and you need some motivation just take a pic of yourself in your underwear - I did this last night and it really is shocking to see yourself the way others see you. You look in a mirror and it's like you only get half of the picture ... I will NOT be posting my before pictures until I have probably lost about 30 lbs! I just can't get over how disgusting I looked - I have to do this, I have to get this weight off!

There is a local supplement store here in town that is giving away $10,000 a month to the best transformation story ... I am just starting out but give me 6 or 7 months and I could be ready to enter their contest - and its PER month and its only locally so there is a good chance if I work hard I could actually be a contender - I will let you know if I enter and what happens =)

I made a yummy breakfast this morning - I love me some oatmeal but I also get tired of it real quick so I am always looking for new things to add to it to make it better - I tried the whole peanut butter in the oatmeal and I hated it, others swear by it but I just didn't like the flavors. So today I put in a spoonful of chocolate chips and a spoonful of chopped walnuts ... I felt like I was eating a warm chocolate chip cookie for breakfast .... so good!! It came to about 290 calories, I used the low suger oatmeal packet but you couldn't tell with all that goodness mixed in =)
Yummmmmmm!!!

So anyways - I am going to go back to counting calories and would like to post my daily menu on the blog with calories listed to help me keep track. Then follow the Couch to 5K and on days I don't run do something like the 30 Day Shred or Tae Bo ... lol doing it old school!

Here is to a new year and a new start and FINALLY getting it right this time =) I can do this!!! ... if ya'll want to check out an awesome blog head over to see Katie at Runs For Cookies ... she is AMAZING and has really inspired me to finally do this for myself once and for all!

I hope this is the first of many posts and I can't wait to get this going and for me to get happy and healthy in 2012! This is going to be my year =)

3 comments:

  1. Sooooo glad to see you back Sam! You are going to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Sam!!!! You've been missed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah glad you are back yes I love Katie been reading her blog for a year now

    ReplyDelete