Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snowwwww Day!!

Well yesterday in St. Louis it was about 50 degrees. Today we woke up to snow and freezing temperatures. We didn't get much accumulation at all, maybe an inch or two. But with the weather being so warm yesterday the snow was melting and as the temperature continues to drop the roads are becoming icy and slick. It took my husband 2 and half hours to get to work today, when on a regular day it would take him about 20 mins. He called me and told me to save myself a headache and stay home - no twisting of my arm needed to stay home from work ;)

So I am relaxing with the boys today, watching movies, hopefully taking a nap sometime (ha ha) and just staying warm! They did venture outside for about 15 mins before they were frozen and ready to come in =) I remember being a kid and spending hours outside in the snow, mom would have to make us come in.

They did enjoy themselves though, the little bit they were out there.
You can see there isn't much snow, you can still see the grass.

Big brother helping little brother down the hill =)

Then falling down the hill together, lol.

Thank goodness for that door, mom was not feeling the "lets freeze our butts off" today =)
So at least they got to have a little fun. I will go out when there is really some snow out there so they can sled and stuff - this was just a "taste" of winter =)

Anyways, yesterday went so much better than the day before. I stayed in my calorie range and I wasn't starving at any point yesterday. I made sure to eat a greek yogurt about a half hour before I left work, so when I came home I wasn't shoving everything and the kitchen sink in my mouth =) ... I think there is really something to eating 6 smalls meals a day instead of 3 large meals. I will make sure to buy more foods that will make this easy next week. I will be going back to the Farmer's Market on Saturday to stock up. I also have a few new recipes to try next week that I can't wait to share with you =)

Tonight is a run night and I am actually looking forward to it. I forgot how much I enjoy running. There are times when I am running that I feel like I can't take one more step but then I push myself and I feel great afterwards ... who knew running could be fun =)

Well have a great rest of the day ... I'm off to watch another movie with the boys =)

1 comment:

  1. WOo hoo for snow days! We are expecting snow this weekend. :) Glad to hear that you are running again. Enjoy the rest of your relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete