Thursday, January 19, 2012

Some Food Finds ...

So this week I decided to give Healthy Choice meals another shot. They have these new "steamers" and they are actually REALLY good. I know the frozen meals are loaded with sodium but sometimes that is the best option for me when I am running out the door for work, something simple and easy to grab and easy to cook at work as well. I have had 3 different flavors and have really liked them all and they all but 1 were under 300 calories and it is a good size helping. I sound like I am a sales person for Healthy Choice but I assure I am not - I just know that sometimes the frozen meals leave something to be desired so when I find a good one I like to share it with others who could benefit from it.

Here is the one I had today:
This wasn't the best flavored one, it was kind of bland. The other two I had were delicious though.
And here are the nutrition facts:

Very good stuff - try it if you need a quick meal for work or even at home. My other new obsession is this new oatmeal flavor from Quaker Oats:


Looks kind of boring but it is really good. I was making maple oatmeal and adding chocolate chips and walnuts and it was about 330 calories for that. Then, I found this and it is only 130 calories per pack and then I add about 70 calories worth of walnuts and I get the same great taste for 200 calories.  Granted there aren't nearly as many chocolate chips in the packet but it still has that hint of chocolate in it and I still feel like I am eating a warm bowl of a chocolate chip cookie in the morning. I am addicted, I've had this every morning this week =) ... Try it, if you like chocolate chip.
That's all for today, I hope you are all having a great week. I ran last night and it felt so good, I think I am starting to get my groove back ... ha ha... watch out now!

1 comment: