Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weigh In #2

The best part of waking up is ...... an awesome weigh in!!! Ha Ha! ... No Folgers in my cup but I am very happy to say I lost 4 lbs this week =) yay!

Sorry for the fuzzy phone pic - didn't have time to mess with the camera before I left for work.
This just proves that if I do what I know works then the weight will come off. Counting calories and exercising is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I can't do the "diets" that restrict certain food groups or only eat this or only eat that. I still eat everything I always have, I just make sure to count the calories. It works! I also drank a ton of water last week. It meant going to the bathroom a million times but I didn't care. Stick to what works and you will see the weight come off! =) 

I started week 4 of the C25K program last night, it was a little hard, I'm not going to lie. I keep getting horrible shin splints, last night they were so bad I almost stopped but I pushed through and finished what I was supposed to.  I remember getting shin splints last time I started out running and eventually I just didn't get them any more - so I don't know if it is just and endurance thing and I will eventually build up enough to where it won't hurt any more or if I am just doing something wrong .... what do you think? Anyone know a good cure for shin splints?

Anyways, I will have a recipe review and pictures for you tomorrow after I make my new recipe, Chicken Rollitini, tonight. 

Have a great day and remember to stick with what you know works!! =)

3 comments:

  1. Do you have running shoes? I had a huge issue with shin splints, but once I got into a great pair or running shoes, they went away.

    ReplyDelete