Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Discouraged but Not Defeated ..

Well I know I am beginning to sound like a broken record. The scale isn't moving but I can't get too upset because I know I didn't do all I could do to make that happen. I am actually up a pound this week. Weigh in was 187. I thought about not blogging this week and trying to just do really good for next week and then having something great to blog about. But I decided even if I feel I may be disappointing whoever is reading this blog in the end this blog is not for everyone else, it is for me. I need to document my struggles, my failures and my mistakes so I can come back and read every step of this journey. I want to learn from my mistakes, not hide them and pretend they didn't happen. I am not going to hide my failures from anyone, I want this blog to be honest and I want everyone to know - that WHEN I do reach my goal - I struggled in the beginning too and I fought through it.

So while seeing a gain on the scale, especially this early in the game is very discouraging it is not the end. I refuse to give up. I have been running every night since Sunday and I feel great. I am getting better, running longer and burning more calories. I will do this - may take me longer than I want, but I WILL do it =) I hope you stick around to watch me, but I understand if you don't.

I am considering trying to eat 6 small meals a day and see how that goes. Right now I eat mainly 3 meals and possibly a snack or two thrown in depending on how many calories I have left. But I find myself starving and out of control at times when I go too long without eating. I really think spreading out smaller meals will help me. I don't ever want to be at that "out of control" point where I am standing at the fridge shoveling whatever I can find into my mouth and then feeling ill a half an hour later after it has all settled.

I have, however, finally given up soda! I am about 3 weeks now without a soda and I feel great about it. I really don't even want one. I've been drinking a lot of water and unsweetened tea w/sweet n low. It is nice not to have to worry about getting a soda everyday and I don't feel as bloated and blah as I did before. I really think it does make a difference, especially when your drinking 4 - 5 sodas a day.

Hope you are all doing well on your journeys - Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. there are no no words words for how I admire youre giving up soda
    Im at one a day.


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete