Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What's Your Calling?

Ok, I'm about to get deep with my post today =) So I am about to turn 30 in a few months and I've been having one of those "what is my purpose in life" feelings going on lately.

For a while now I have had a "burden" for doing volunteer work. I just feel like too much of my time is wasted, being bored, and doing pointless things when there so many better things I could be doing. Sitting at a job that I hate and find pointless when I feel like I could be "used" somewhere else, doing something that makes a difference in others lives.

So I am searching for volunteer opportunities in my community. I already signed up for my first one - the March of Dimes is having a walk here in a few weeks and I volunteered on their website to help in anyway possible. Ultimately I would like to get some kind of a paying job with a local charity of some sort. I just want a job where I feel like I'm contributing to society and not sitting in a corner staring at the wall letting all my skills go to waste. So I will be praying that God leads me in the right direction and opens the right doors because I truly believe this is what I am supposed to do. I would also love to get my children involved when they are old enough to do so. Everything with kids now is handed to them and my kids are SO spoiled. I want them to learn to appreciate what they do have and to not get caught up in all the materialistic things and to be willing to give their time to people less fortunate. We are all dealt whatever hand we are given when we are born, some of us just end up with a really crappy hand and those are the ones I really want to help.

I found this http://www.crossculturalsolutions.org/ ... this looks like an awesome experience and something I would be willing to raise money to do.

So anyways this is what I have been thinking about lately. Life is too short not to follow your dreams!!

On a side note - had weigh-in yesterday, stayed the same, no gain, no loss. Which I was fine with cuz its the lovely TOM ... blech!

1 comment:

  1. we are so so so on the same wavelength today.

    xo

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete