Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 2 .. 1 Week Challenge



Another good day food wise. Got a lot closer to my 1350 mark but still stayed under =) And even had my favorite Easter treat as a snack!

First I want to talk about this HIIT training on the treadmill. I was talking to my husband's uncle this weekend, he is in the AirForce and is constantly keeping his weight in check and says he thinks he has finally figured out the fastest way to lose weight. He eats very healthy and is typically very health conscious but he also has an addiction to chocolate that he admits isn't good. So always trying to find new ways to cut weight and stay in shape. So basically he told me that it is better to do intervals when running than it is to run at a steady pace for long distances. He said he gets on the treadmill and gets to a slow jog and then every minute he increases his speed until he gets to a speed that he can barely handle - holds it for a minute and then starts over at his easy jog. He told me this along with lifting weights will melt the fat off faster than anything else. So I looked up some HIIT workouts on the treadmill and came up with one I thought I could handle until I build up some stamina.

So what I did last night was:

Walked at a 3.5 for 5 minutes.  Then
5.0 for 60 seconds / 4.0 for 60 seconds
5.5 for 60 seconds / 4.0 for 60 seconds
6.0 for 60 seconds / 4.0 for 60 seconds
6.5 for 60 seconds / 4.0 for 60 seconds
7.0 for 60 seconds / 4. 0 for 60 seconds
7.5 for 60 seconds / 4.0 for 60 seconds.

I did this all the way through and then reversed and did it backwards - I made it through all but the last cycle, I just didn't have it in me. I was dripping sweat and cryin' for my momma - for real! This is a no joke workout but the awesome thing was, it went so fast! When you are changing your speed every minute it goes by so fast! So I plan on doing this for a few days and seeing how the weight loss goes. In a perfect world I would love to do this along with the 30 day shred workout at least 4 days a week, more when possible. Right now though I just want to work on getting my calories in check and doing some kind of physical activity each day.

So if your looking for something different to switch it up or are tired of doing long runs on the treadmill, try this out - it will definitely get you sweating and your heart pumping!!

Ok today's eats:
Breakfast: Deviled Eggs, Strawberries & Pineapple
Lunch: Steamed Broccoli, Everoast Chicken Breast Lunchmeat and a Yogurt
Favorite Easter Candy and afternoon snack =)

Burgers before I put them in the oven. 
Burger after. 

This was dinner made from this recipe .. I love Dashing Dish and all her recipes but this particular one we did not care for and probably won't make again, but try it, you may like it. Low in calories and easy to make - I wish we would have liked it more.  Anyways, I had this with some carrot chips and fiesta ranch dip. 

Dessert was the same as last night, angel food cake with strawberries and light whip cream. 

If you're lucky enough to have Good Friday off, enjoy your day. I however, will be sitting at work counting the minutes until the weekend begins!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment