Thursday, April 26, 2012

Funk In My Trunk!!

Sorry I've been MIA - I have been in the WORST funk ever!! Not sure why, may have had something to do with good ole Aunt Flo but all I know is I was not pleasant to be around the past few days =( .... I am starting to feel more myself and ready to get back to "normal" (whatever that is, ha!).

So anyways, first to follow up on my last post regarding skin cancer check - I have my appointment set for May 9th. I am nervous but ready to go and hopefully put my mind at ease.

Last week we received some AWESOME news that will hopefully keep my mind off of the doctor's appointment, until it actually gets here. In just a few short weeks my family will be here:
Disney Freakin' World!!! ahhhhh!
My husband's aunt has decided to take our whole family to Disney World. We are in shock - she is going all out. We are staying at a resort and she is flying all of us so we don't have to take that loooooong drive. She is so awesome, always giving when she can. So it will be our family of four and 2 of my husband's aunts. We aren't telling the kids until it gets closer because my oldest will be asking every 5 minutes if it's time to go yet, ha ha... I would be lying if I said I wasn't crazy excited. My parents could never afford to do this for us when we were little, so I feel like a little kid the night before Christmas or something. I know it's cheesy but I can't wait to see it and I can't wait to see my boy's faces when they see it. We hope we can repay her someday for this!!! 

So we've been busy the last few days planning that and getting our days set to be off of work and honestly it's all I've been thinking about. 

Hopefully I will be back to posting as much as I can now that the Funk has left the building =) ... 

Do you remember those cute little flower pots I got the kids for Easter - Ya know the ones my husband said there was no way anything would ever grow in??? ... Check them out!
In your face Husband!!
Ha ha - those things are going crazy!! While there aren't actually any flowers yet, they will be coming soon. It is so fun to see my son's face everyday when he looks at these and says - LOOK Mom! They are getting bigger!!! 

So along with my funk came eating a bunch of junk! And I realize the affect the crappy food has on my body. I felt like complete crap - when I eat right and take care of myself I truly feel a difference. (I know, you're saying ... DUH!!). But I guess I am finally just realizing that food can affect everything - the way you feel, the mood your in, your finances (way to much going out to eat going on in the last week!!) ... So I have been looking into Clean Eating. I really want to try this ... I've found a few websites and I am trying to get as educated as possible. Also still reading Jillian Michaels' Master Your Metabolism - she is pretty much a clean eater as well. It just makes sense. You only have one body so you better take care of it. Only put food into your body that is going to improve your health, not harm it.

I will probably be posting more about the Clean Eating and my transition to doing so.  Hope you are all doing well!

1 comment: