Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Have You Been Checked?

I am taking a step away from weight loss today to share something else with you guys.

I saw this post yesterday over at Six Sisters Stuff and I really wanted to share it with you all. Mama Laughlin has mentioned getting checked for skin cancer recently and had me thinking about it but still I was hesitant to go get checked. I have a very suspicious mole on my left hip that I have had for probably about 2 years. I think about it from time to time and think - I should really get this checked - but then life gets in the way and I forget about it. Also I am so afraid to hear those words - You have skin cancer.

I was a super tanning bed queen during my teen years. Also laying out in the real sun whenever I had the chance and never using sun screen, because of course it would ruin my awesome tan (so dumb!!).  I still to this day never put on sunscreen. I put it on my children but not myself. So now I am terrified that my choices in the past are going to lead to something terrible. After watching this video it has scared me enough that I am going to call a Dermotoligist today and set up an appointment. I pray that they can remove the mole and it will be nothing, but if it something I just pray to God that I got it taken care of soon enough.

I will NEVER go tanning again and I will ALWAYS have sunscreen on when I am out in the sun. Please watch this video and share it with anyone you think would benefit from it. Life is too precious and too short to take chances. I have 2 little boys that need their momma to be here to lead them and guide them and to help them make better decisions than she did.

Here is the video, please watch, it is very informative and eye opening.

2 comments:

  1. As a mom it is so hard to put yourself first, but you are totally right, a healthy happy momma makes for happy kiddos. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother has had skin cancer twice. Please get it checked. Even though I am half black and half white. I wear sunscreen for that reason.

    ReplyDelete