Monday, April 9, 2012

Wonderful Easter Weekend!!

Our Easter Weekend was awesome - the weather couldn't have been any better. We spent the majority of the weekend outside, which I love!! Friday night we started off with yard work and lots of it. I mowed the lawn which is a killer workout - we have a huge backyard that is partly uphill, great for the legs! Also did some tree trimming/sawing - so my arms were nice and sore the next day.

Saturday we took the boys to a place called Eckert's - they have a country store and they also have a pumpkin patch, strawberries, peaches, apples - they have something going on each season. For Easter they have the Easter Bunny there and egg hunts and lots of fun things for the kids to do. We didn't see the Easter Bunny but the kids got to ride on some fun rides and pet some animals - it was gorgeous outside and we enjoyed every minute of it.
I started my day with this - very good and very filling


My Oldest, Layton, holding a chick, he thought this was so neat!


My youngest, Evan, not so sure about these things, the claws were freaking him out =)

They got to ride a mini-ferris wheel. They both loved it.

Of course we had to do the pony rides!  First time my youngest went by himself, went around about 3 times and then was saying... DOWN! DOWN! ... lol.

Don't think they'll be gettin' too far on that one! =)

My boys! =) Love them all sooo much!

After we "played" we decided to go to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. I love their Asian Zing sauce so when I saw they had a grilled chicken saled with that sauce I was all over it. The whole thing was 410 calories so not bad considering we didn't eat until around 3:30 so it was basically an early dinner.



Layton LOVES chicken wings so he was in heaven!



After lunch we went by the grocery store and got our weekly shopping done. Then we came home and played out int he the yard a bit while grilling some tomatoes and jalapenos on the grill for homemade salsa. It was the first time I made it and it is sooooooo good - I will probably never buy bottled salsa again! I forgot to take a pic but here is some that I brought for lunch today.
It tastes just like Chevy's salsa if you have ever had that. I can't get enough of it!

After that I got a good HIIT workout done on the treadmill and then we put the kiddos to bed and the husband and I sat at the table talking and eating this:
That is Bri wedges, organic strawberry spread, prosciutto and grapes. And yes we finished that bottle of wine! It was much needed and so nice to just sit and talk and enjoy some quiet time.

Sunday we woke up and found that the Easter Bunny had hid the boys baskets in our closet! Ha ha! What was he thinking??

The boys were more than happy and the Easter Bunny was very nice with his "gifts" this year. =) 

We went to a Hibatchi Grill for dinner with my husbands family and they ended up having a sushi bar that was SO good!! We couldn't get over how it was pretty much all you could eat sushi for $8.99/person. And the sushi was fresh, they were making it right there in front of you and it was nice and cold. We will definitely be going back!

So I had an awesome weekend! Didn't get in quite as much exercise as I would have liked but we were out of the house all weekend and I did great on my food - I actually think I might not have been eating enough. But either way it was a great weekend!

I hope your Easter weekend was good as well!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I know I have been eating more then enough! Working on that this week. Your boys are adorable and aren't holiday's so much better with kids? Your salsa looks amazing and you should post a recipe! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize that wine - Elecktra or something?? A bit on the sweeter side if I remember correctly? I have a bottle of this currently sitting on the shelf! What is HIIT and where did you find the recipe for the salsa?

    ReplyDelete