Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cherish Every Moment

First, I want to apologize to all of you reading this blog for the "weight loss" aspect of it. My last few posts haven't been much about weight loss and honestly losing weight hasn't been on my mind so much in the last few weeks. I am still constantly working on trying to live a healthier life but sometimes other things happen and our priorities change.

I'm not sure why, but God has really laid it on my heart lately to see the bigger picture in life. He has shown this to me in more ways than one. I'm not sure how to word this but I am really hoping he is not preparing me for something that is going to happen in my life but possibly preparing me to help someone or to just simply open my eyes and realize that I need to live my life better.

Today I went to a blog that I read daily Mama Laughlin, and she posted about a little boy named Grayson, who has Leukemia. His mom talks about his story and their fight to make Grayson better. It is one of those stories that makes you want to grab your babies and never let go. Definitely a story that shows that Bigger Picture that I was talking about before. If you have time, please read his story and say a prayer for him and his family as he fights this hard battle. Here is a link directly to his story.

Another thing that happened recently is we bought our boys bunk beds off of Craigslist - I think I may have talked about this in another post as well. When we went to pick up the bunk beds the mother and father were outside with there 15 year old son who had a severe case of Autism - he is unable to speak and gets very frustrated because of it. The mother told us the story of how she knew something was wrong with him at 18 months, even when doctor's told her she was just comparing him to her older son and to just give it time. One of her statements was - Enjoy your little boys because you never know. She said that her son is a full time job but she wouldn't trade it for anything. Just another way God was showing me to count my blessings.

I volunteered over the weekend for a March of Dimes walk. What I did wasn't a huge thing, I collected ballots at the end of the walk. But just being there and seeing all those children who have overcome so much. I saw signs in memory of babies who lost their fight. Signs of "miracle babies" who are now striving and are healthy. I saw children in wheel chairs who have life long disabilities due to being born prematurely. Another reminder from God for me to appreciate the 2 beautiful healthy children he has blessed me with.

So you see God has really laid it on my heart lately to not get too caught up in this CRAZY world and forget all the blessings he has given me and my family. It is so easy to get wrapped up in the GO GO GO pace of this world and to forget what is truly important. We all want more, bigger, better things. We should be happy with what we are given and be willing to help those who are not as fortunate as ourselves.

I do not know why God has given me this burden, maybe it is to reach someone who reads this blog, or maybe he has something greater in store for me. I just want to be sensetive to his calling and be led in the right direction. This post has reminded me of a song I used to sing in church.

Lead me Lord, I will follow.
Lead me Lord, I will go.
You have called me, I will answer.
Lead me Lord, I will go.


Cherish every moment!

1 comment: