Thursday, May 3, 2012

It's Not About The Skinny Jeans

I am going to talk about this until I am no longer worried about it - which could be awhile - I apologize now for the broken record I have turned into.

So the thought of possibly having something "wrong" (the whole skin cancer thing) has me thinking about what I really want in my life. My blog is called - Momma On a Mission to Be HEALTHY. Am I really doing all that I can do to be healthy? I would be lying if I said that one of my main goals in losing weight isn't to fit into smaller clothes and too "look" better. But when it boils down to it - that is not what this mission is all about. This mission is about getting healthy.

So fitting into a pair of these, doesn't really matter much any more.



Both of my parents are overweight. My dad is pre-diabetic and falls alseep if he sits for longer than 5 minutes. My mother has chronic back problems. They both suffer from high blood pressure. I truly believe a lot of their health issues could be solved if they just made healthier choices, lost weight and became more active. I see my mom struggling with her medication and fighting with her insurance to get the medication she needs to keep her blood pressure in check and also have to mention the cost of this medicine is through the roof. She is currently not on any meds because she needs a certain kind and her insurance company doesn't want to provide it, so she could basically have a stroke while she is waiting to get the right medication.

I do not want to live my life that way. I do not want to have to rely on medications to live. Especially if it can be prevented by something as simple as just living a healthy life and taking care of my body.  I do not want to have to worry about any of these things because of my weight. I do not want to die from something, I COULD of prevented!



So while looking cute in those skinny jeans would be nice, it's not about that, it's about being here for these two - because they need their Momma!


A lady I work with once said - Life is too short and food is too good, I am going to eat what I want while I can enjoy it. Truth is, if you ate foods that were good for you, you could enjoy them a lot longer! She has 4 kids, do you think that cheesecake is worth more time spent with her kids?? I think not.



No comments:

Post a Comment