Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wake Up Call

I finally got the call from my doctor yesterday saying the mole came back as being benign! No cancer!! =) I prayed long and hard to hear those words and I know God had his hand in the whole thing.

The doctor told me this was a "wake up call" ... telling me to be more careful, no more tanning beds, put on sunscreen, etc.  But I am going to take this as more of just a wake up call for my skin. This is my wake up call to get healthy and to start taking care of myself! The thought of the possibility of having cancer put a very real fear in me. I am a worrier - when I hear of a bad situation my mind tends to go to the worst possible scenerio, it's just how my mind works. So thinking of having cancer and then just thinking of being sick and what all that entails really scared me. I looked at my two boys and thought they need their momma, they need me to be healthy! I had that mole for well over a year but always thought, oh it's no big deal, I will deal with it later ... My body deserves better than that. We only have one body and the way we treat it can determine how long we have it!

I think we always think of the more "dangerous" things when it comes to being healthy. Smoking, drinking, drugs ... often times not thinking about how all the junk we eat is affecting our bodies. Yeah maybe you don't smoke but putting junk into your body and living a sedentary life could give you the same results - death! I am being a little dramatic, but it's the truth - I can't stress enough how I don't want to just fit into a size 8 pants but I want to be HEALTHY!!

All this being said, I have been eating horribly the past few weeks. I've just been down in the dumps and stressed and I let it get the best of me. We have been planning this Disney trip and there have been a lot of bumps in the road but I think we finally have it all figured out and we will be leaving in just a few short days. I am eager to go, I know it will be a good time. I have decided I am not going to stress over what I am eating while I am there, it will be nearly impossible to calculate calories and all that. I will be doing a ton of walking. So I am just going to enjoy myself.  When I get back, I plan on doing a complete overhaul on my diet and exercising. I am going to talk to my husband about it and see if I can get him on board too. He has been really down about his weight lately too. We both bought new clothes for the trip and it's just depressing buying clothes when you're overweight - we both know what we need to do.

So I don't know how much I will be blogging in the next 2 weeks or so but when I get back from Disney I will have tons of pics to share and I will be ready to get my healthy lifestyle back on track and be able to share with all of you the changes and transformation we make in our lives, to make it a healthier one!!

Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes! So glad God answers prayers and I was given a good report =)

2 comments:

  1. " I can't stress enough how I don't want to just fit into a size 8 pants but I want to be HEALTHY!! "

    Great post Sam and such a relief that the mole was ok. Have a wonderful time in Disneyland. We are going in October and I look forward to hearing about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you guys are having an amazing time! Are you in Disneyland or Disney World? Either way - I look forward to the update!

    ReplyDelete