Thursday, June 28, 2012

30 Years Young!!!

Well, yesterday was my 30th birthday. I had to work so it was a long day, but I received tons of birthday wishes and my husband really spoiled me this year!

I didn't want a party or any big thing. I do NOT like being the center of attention so having a ton of people staring at me screaming SURPRISE - didn't sound like much fun =)  ... I am so glad he didn't go that route.

Instead I worked all day and then had dinner with my parents and brothers. Then went home and recieved wonderful gifts from my boys and husband.  Friday evening the husband is taking me out to dinner to one of my favorite restaurants and we are going shopping for a watch.

I received these flowers at work =)

Then he gave me these:



I have been wanting this forever!! So happy with it =)
 The boy's names and birthstones. LOVE IT!!
The boys sang Happy Birthday to me and it was an end to a nice day =)


The first thing I did this morning was buy this, with the money I got for my bday from parents and brothers.
Turbo Fire - SO FREAKIN' EXCITED to start this!!
I can not wait to get this in the mail! I have watched previews on youtube and read success stories and reviews and I just can't wait to get started. It looks like a good workout that is actually somewhat fun. I'm stoked!

Ok - so as you can see I had a pretty good birthday with more to come on Friday when The Husband takes me out =) 

In honor of my 30th Birthday, I have decided to make up a 30 day challenge. I am so ready to get moving and get going on losing this weight once and for all. I NEED to make some major changes and to kick start that off I want to make a 30 day challenge for myself that I want to follow STRICTLY for 30 days - with the idea that hopefully these habits will stick after the 30 days, but no matter what I must follow them for at least 30 days.

Here are my guidelines:
*No soda whatsoever. (I have to stop this habit!!)
*No drinks that have calories. (I really want to start drinking strictly water)
*No fast food, at all! 30 days - I can do this! (This has gotten out of control lately, I NEED this guideline)
*No eating after 7:00 pm (been really snacky lately, after dinner, want to squash this!)
*Exercise 6 days a week (the Turbo Fire schedule is 6 days with one day off)
*Count calories, EVERY DAY!! (this is one of my problem areas, I always slack on the weekends)
*No excuses!!! (no matter what holiday, party, get together comes up in the 30 days - NO EXCUSES!)

Ok - so some of these seem unrealistic but I truly believe I can do anything in 30 days if I really set my mind to it. I know never eating fast food again is an unrealistic goal to set - could it be done? Absolutely, but I know with having crazy schedules it will come up. But for 30 days, I can do it. I just want to get used to NOT doing it. The no excuses thing is a big thing for me, because I have a tendency to throw caution to the wind when a celebration of some sort comes along - thinking oh it's just one day. And the calorie counting - I do great during the week and then the weekends just fall apart.

So again, if I can get myself to do all of these things for 30 days straight I think it will show me that I CAN do these things if I really set my mind to it.

The challenge is going to start Monday - I know, I know, don't put things off until "Monday" - but I am also not going to set myself up for failure. This weekend I have a ton of things going on and I REALLY need to go grocery shopping and stock my house - so I am just not going to walk into this setting myself up to fail.

So Monday I will take starting pics and go from there. I don't want to live the next 30 years as unhappy with myself as the last 30 were!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Sounds like it was a good one. I hope that Turbo Fire kicks your butt in a very good way and it's the type of workout that you really enjoy.
    I am in St. Louis right now!! My brother lives in Chesterfield and we are visiting until Friday. I went running this morning and the humidity is crazy!!
    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday Sam! Best of luck on your 30 day challenge!

    ReplyDelete