Thursday, July 26, 2012

MoHawk Momma ...

So I let the husband talk me into getting my 5 year old a mohawk. Layton came up with the idea on his own, not sure where he saw it. I was a little apprehensive just because it is a little "out of the norm" and I don't want people judging him because of his hair - I think I might be thinking a little bit too much into it, but whatever. So my husband sends me to an old school barber to get it done.... big mistake!

I walk in the door with both boys, say hello and that I need two haircuts. The older gentleman asks me what I would like and I whip out my handy picture of a mohawk (very tame, boring mohawk mind you) and he takes one look and goes - Oh Boy! ... I say - Can you do that? He says - Yes, but I do not want to. I say - Ok, but he really wants this, so... He says - I just hate to butcher a good head of hair like that ... I say - Ok, so will you do it or not? ... He says - I guess so ... 

It was horrible! I wanted and should of just ran out of that place. I think he scared my son too which really pissed me off. I know it's not "normal" and it is outside the box but he is a kid and is it really harming anyone if he gets his hair cut differently??? It's not like I was taking him to get a "I love you Mom" tattoo on his bicep ...

So anyways, as I am down a few chairs holding my 2 year old crazy son who refuses to sit in the chair by himself, getting hair all over him and myself and trying to keep him still while the less than patient douche bag cuts his hair as well - The jerk cutting my older son's hair says - Ok, you want to go show your mother what an Indian looks like. WTF does that mean?!?! This whole experience was so unbelievably bizarre that I may never step foot into another Barber Shop again in my life.  I am a paying customer if I ask you to shave a freakin fairy into the back of my son's head just do it and don't complain about it! Needless to say I will never be going back there again.

Here are a few pics of the "do"- he was getting tired of taking pics and it was hard to get him to sit still so the pics aren't great, but you get the idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment