Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Muesli is for Me!!

Sorry I've been gone for a few days. We had a busy weekend. Not anything exciting, just not home for much of it =) ...

One thing the kids and I did was go and stay with some relatives who are getting ready to move to Japan. My husband's uncle is in the military and he is going to be stationed in Yakota Japan. So they are leaving in a few weeks and our kids have become close in the 4 years they have been here, so we wanted them to be able to spend some time before they leave. Anyways, my husband's aunt - it feels funny even calling her that because she is only like 2 years older than my husband - made the kids pancakes for breakfast and then she made her and I Muesli. I LOVED it! It is very similar to overnight oats but there is no overnight stuff going on =) .... I have tried the overnight oats and I just can't get into them. But muesli I could eat every day!

Here is how she made it and how I have been making it.

1/4 C Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 C granola of your choice
1 T raisins

You mix this up in a bowl. I do this the night before and then in the morning you add 1/4 C hot tap water and let it sit for about 12 mins. In my case I add the water, mix it up, then add a squirt of agave nector. I put a lid on the container and take it to work.

When I get to work I add about 3 oz of greek yogurt and 1/4 C cut up strawberries to the top.

This is so good and so filling! I entered in all the ingredients on calorie count and it comes to about 350 calories. I had this yesterday for breakfast and I was full up until lunch time - honestly I wasn't even really hungry, I just ate because it was lunch time at work and I knew if I didn't eat I would be hungry later.

Here is what it looks like with the water and agave mixed in - after sitting.

And here it is with the yogurt and strawberries on top.

If you are looking for a yummy, quick and easy breakfast, give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment