Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Not big like "us" ...

Not much going on lately. Still trying to eat right and gettin' my work out on. I've tried a few recipes the last few days. Mostly things I saw on pinterest.

One was a simple chili and egg breakfast. The original "recipe" said to put chili in a small dish and make a "well" and crack an egg in and cook at 350 for 10 - 15 minutes.

This is what it looked like when before I put it in:


And it looked pretty much the same when I took it out ... The egg didn't cook at all, it was weird. The chili was hot though. So I put it on broil for a few minutes and this is what I got.



I ate it but honestly I think the egg was still raw ... so needless to say this was a big Fail! From now on I will just fry an egg and put it over warmed chili - ha ha.

This next one I have tried before but it has been awhile - Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes made with pumpkin.

My ingredients:

These are the only ingredients, nothing else. You mix these two and put them in cupcake pans and cook according to directions on box.

The "dough" is pretty thick and goopy, but it makes super moist, yummy cupcakes.

Bad picture of the dough - really thick.
My boys love these - the Transformer cupcake liners probably help a little too! Ha ha.


I got 16 cupcakes and I put the info into Calorie Count and it came to like 107 calories each, so not too bad. I won't lie and say these are just as good as a regular cupcake but they are pretty good. Definitely helps with a chocolate craving! Give them a try!!

Now for the title of my post. Does it bother you when people make comments saying things like - oh she is so skinny she doesn't realize what it's like to be "big like us" ... I went to my cousin's baby shower over the weekend and she is a very thin girl and they played the game where you have to cut a ribbon to the size you think her belly was and whoever came closest won. Anyways my mom and her sister were like - we could put it around ourselves and halve it and it probably still would be too big for her - she isn't fat like we are (including me) ... I know they don't mean anything bad by it but it still sucks being lumped into the "fat like us" category. Just once I'd like to be the one they are saying - YOU don't know what it is like to be "fat like us". I know I am big but when I hear other people acknowledge that fact it just makes it that much worse. 

What do you think? Does it aggrevate you if people lump you into a "fat category"??

No comments:

Post a Comment