Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Thoughts...

I am wrapping up my latest book This Is Why You're Fat by Jackie Warner - and I am sure you are sick of hearing about it.

Anyways, she had some words of wisdom I wanted to share with you all, that meant something to me today.

Instead of wasting time being angry or depressed that things aren’t going well, switch to a positive attitude and positive action and things will get better. If losing weight is a constant goal, step up to the plate and do something about it. Stop the excuses – which lead to more disappointments – and get things done.
 
How many times have I started this journey over?!? Too many to count. It's time to stop making excuses. She talks about using positive talk and actually believing you can achieve your goals. Seeing yourself at goal and invisioning what it will look like and what it will feel like.
 
I will do this, I will reach my goal and it is going to be awesome! Are you ready to stop making excuses and take action to be a better you??? ... Lets get things done!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sam! I'm pretty sure Jackie has a point--you have to first see things realistically, and then see things as they could be, in order to make real results. :)

    However, a lot of those "excuses" we make often have a deeper cause than "I just don't want to do this." Yeah, you don't want to work out or eat better, but...why? The key to permanent weight loss is to understand not only what you're eating, but why you're eating it. It's easy for us to get caught in bad habits like eating because we're stressed out, having a bad day, or bored. It's a way of filling our different human needs. I'd really encourage you to take a look at this video of Beverly, who lost 230 lbs.: http://bit.ly/NLjYqT In it, the six different human needs are explained, as well as ways to replace bad eating habits with better ones. It's not that long, and it's honestly pretty interesting stuff to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the new blog look! You are really getting motivated and I like it. I need to hop on your motivating train. I have read that book you're reading and the other ones that you are doing for you giveaway. All very good. Jackie Warner is so motivating and she doesn't hold back and gives out the tough love which I really like. I can't wait to see where all this motivation takes you! Here is a quote that I just remembered because I have used the word motivate like 10 times. "Motivation is what gets you started, Determination is what keeps you going." Love that quote!

    ReplyDelete