Monday, January 28, 2013

2013 Can Suck It!!

Seriously, this year has NOT gotten off to a great start. I am finally feeling better after being sick for almost 2 weeks - it was HORRIBLE. The husband is still hacking and not feeling himself. Whatever we got is one mean bitch, kicking our asses royally! I get 5 sick days a year and I have already used every single one of them - yay me!

Then if that was not bad enough I was on my way to work last Wednesday and this happened:


Some moron was driving down the highway cutting people off and riding everyone's ass - I was lucky enough to be behind him when he slammed on his brakes. I might have not hit him but the guy behind me slammed into me and pushed me into the jerk in front of me. Sad thing is this is probably all going to get blamed on the guy who hit the back of my car when it should be the jack ass's fault who was driving like an idiot.

So needless to say the car is in the shop for the next 3 weeks and I get to pay a wonderful $500 deductible.

I am grateful me and my lil' man were unharmed, that is definitely the most important part. I just hate dealing with car insurance when having to get a vehicle fixed and trying to get your deductible back. But oh well, what are ya gonna do??

I went on a 2nd interview last week and things seem to be going great - I think it is just going to come down to money, they finally told me in the 2nd interview what they wanted to start the salary at and it was no where near what I was thinking - so I told them what I wanted and they said they would talk to HR and see what they could do - keep your fingers crossed!!

And to start the week off right, my oldest woke up at 1:00 am and puked all over his bed and floor and continued to puke throughout the night. So I am home with him today. He seems to be better now so I am hoping and crossing everything I can  - that it was just something he ate and not a virus or anything of that nature! I have been washing EVERYTHING in his room today, scrubbing and spraying febreeze... Momma can NOT handle the smell of puke! Thank you sweet baby Jesus for a husband who got up in the middle of the night to clean it all up!

So anyways, I am just a barrel of good news ... sorry! I hope things will be turning around. Hopefully I will get a call this week with a job offer, one that I can take, and all of this bad luck will be reversed!!

4 comments:

  1. Ugh! That sucks. I'm glad you weren't hurt in the accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow when it rains it surely does pour. Hopefully everything will start to look up from here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sam - no fun - no fun at all. Ugh... Hope this week gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry! I know what your going through.. my husband was hit by another driver, their fault, and his car was totaled in october. Then we bought A BRAND NEW car on new years days and 2 weeks later he hit an ice patch and caused 3,000 worth of damage. Insurance companies are no fun.

    Hang in there!!!!!

    ReplyDelete