Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hey Old Friend ... How Many Calories?!?!

Say hello to my little friend:



It's been far too long since we've spent time together. Last night was awesome - it was good to see you again. You made me sweat and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You were good to me. I've really missed you!
 
Ok - so that's my treadmill - the one that had a layer of dust on it and hasn't been touched in probably about a year or so. Last night I brushed the dust off and ran and it felt SO DAMN GOOD!!
 
I did week 1, day 1 of Couch to 5K ... If you have been living under a rock and are not familiar with C25K - google that shit! I've done it once before and it works if you stick with it.

 
 
I felt amazing when I was done. I know for all you running pros, week 1 day1, is a cake walk but for this out of shape momma it was a nice little workout - I was sweatin' it out.
 
Shine Bright Like a Diamond! =)

 
So excited to get this program started again and looking for a 5K to sign up for in about 9 weeks ... The husband says he is going to do it with me - we will see ;)
 
Now onto my epic fail this morning.
 
 
So I decided I was going to go to Starbucks this moring to get a Light Carmel Frapp - when I pull up I am like I need something to eat too, thinking all their food looks like healthy shit so it can't be that bad right??  - WRONG!!!
 
I ordered my frapp - friggin' forgot to say Light and this beauty.

 
Guess how many calories are in that bitch?? I was sooooooooooo off - I was thinking like 300-350. Not even close - that heffer is 500 calories! Damnit! That along with me forgetting to say light for my frapp put me in the hole - 800 freakin' calories, at 7:00 AM - not good!
 
Lesson learned - don't get food unless you know for a FACT how many calories are in it.
 
 
So I will not go crazy and say, I messed up the day so I will just stuff my face hole the rest of the day. I will eat what I had planned and start new tomorrow. I will still workout tonight as well.
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. New day is here! It's the sausage girl. It is so high in calories- I never realized either until MFP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go girl! I hate not knowing calories and generally won't get anything I don't know just for that reason. Great attitude about it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on re-starting C25k. I love that program too. Since hurting my back several weeks ago I haven't been able to run so I think I'm going to start this again somewhere in the middle until I get my endurance back. I wasn't running much before, but I could do the 5k distance without actually DYING thanks to C25k. ;)
    And eating something and guessing how many calories you think it's worth vs. actually looking it up later ... totally been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT job getting back on that thing! I can go WEEKS without any type of exercise..but after the first day or so, you start to get the love back for it. Congratssss :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on C25K Day 1! I did it and thought every day was hard including day 1. But that's okay. If it was easy you wouldn't be nearly so proud of yourself when you finish! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete