Monday, April 8, 2013

It's Never Too Late ...


With the warm weather usually comes the excitement of shorts, tank tops and flip flops. Swim suits and summer vacations. For me comes the reality that I still haven't gotten my shit together and I am still VERY uncomfortable wearing shorts, tank top, and swim suits - hell I don't even like wearing short sleeves.  Yesterday it was so nice here in St. Louis and I pulled out a pair of shorts. I was able to get them on but I was definitely not happy with what I saw.

I hate that I have gone through so many summers not being happy and not being able to just wake up and throw on a pair of shorts and a tank and feel comfortable in my own skin. I see all the cute summer dresses and wish I could wear something like that but wouldn't be caught dead in one being the size I am now.

But I have made a decision, instead of chalking it up to a loss and saying well here goes another summer of sweating my ass off in jeans and t-shirts, I am going to start today to change the rest of the summers in my future. I may not be where I would like to be this summer but I can get closer to my goal and be where I want to be next year ... I refuse to roll over and say the hell with it.

 
 
It's time for me to believe in myself and to stop dwelling on the past and look forward to the future.

I started back with my semi-clean eating today (I include a little yogurt and cheese). I loved the way I felt when I did the cleanse. I know what I need to do, just time to finally DO IT!! =) I'm ready!

4 comments:

  1. You can do this Sam! Think of those cute summer clothes when you get tempted and reward yourself when you reach a small goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! By the end of the summer you will be able to get some of those cute clothes! Maybe even buy one now, hang it in the kitchen or where you work out and look at it every time you think about eating something bad or skipping a work out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your quotes!! You can totally get where you want to be. Love your blog!

    Sara
    http://crazymamaofboys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with ya! I'm sick of slipping backwards. Let's get this done!

    ReplyDelete