Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Accountability ... I need some!

 
 
So I have been killing it with Insanity - I did it 5 days last week, skipped Monday but did it yesterday - so I am getting in the swing of working out - however, my eating is not going so great. So I need some accountability.
 
 
I start my daily journal out great and then I get home and that all goes to crap. I find myself taking bites here and there, especially off he kids plates!! Or if they have a snack I will have "just one bite" - well all those bites are adding up. Or I end up eating something I do not know the calories for and just guessing (I HATE doing this).
 


 
I am getting discouraged because I am literally killing myself doing Insanity but not seeing any results on the scale.
 
 
So I needs some accountability. I am going to participate in Wednesday Weigh In from here on out. I never did  before because my weight loss is such a yo-yo problem - down 2 lbs up 3 lbs, down 4, up 2 ... I want to see the number consistently go down.
 
I've heard over and over again that the reason Weight Watchers works is because of having to get on the scale each week and someone else seeing what you weigh - accountability.  So maybe I will think about all those bites here and there before I take them, if I know I have to show y'all my weight each week ... Never hurts to try!!
 
I didn't take a pic today but my weight was 199.4 - down from 204.6  ... so let's hope next week is a loss and not a gain!!

8 comments:

  1. I have days where I do the same thing..nibble off the kids' plates, or I just eat an extra snack. It's so hard, because when I work out hard I feel hungrier, but the extra snacks keep me from losing. Ever since I got to around 200 pounds I've found it harder and harder to create a deficit. I barely lost weight from fall through Christmas, but tried on a dress I wore to a wedding and it was much looser, so I think it's true what they say about you getting smaller even if the scale doesn't reflect it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, that's a great loss. Hope this new approach works for you. Good luck this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same problem, running 10 miles a week but wasn't losing any weight. I started using myfitnesspal.com because it has a mobile app as well as a computer version to help me track my calories and it works great! It even has a bar code scanner you can use instead of typing in all the food details if you want to use that. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging or participating in a group like Wednesday Weigh In is a great way to get the daily accountability and support you need to achieve your weight loss goals. Good luck to us. :)

    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh food! I love it. I'm in constant battle with myself over eating right and just giving in. I figure I gave in enough, which has lead to the 220lbs. So, I think I'll go ahead and say no for a while now.ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to be your accountability partner! Let me know if you're interested :)

    http://www.chooseyourhabits.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the loss! I am bad about taking a bite or two or five of what is left on my daughter's plate. I hate that I do it because you are absolutely right, all those bites add up. Just remember to put that behind you and move forward from that moment on- not the next day or next Monday...which is where I mess up and do sometimes. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are not alone! It takes willpower to resist not wasting the left over food on the kids plates. Or to sample the food as you're cooking it. Having to be accountable to someone does seem to help. You are on notice! With all the ladies backing you, hopefully you can weigh in on Wednesday with some change each week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete