Friday, July 26, 2013

5 on Friday ...



I am linking up with some fabulous ladies for the 5 on Friday link-up.

They say that the first step to making positive changes within yourself is to first love yourself the way you are. I really want this change to happen this time, I want to be the happy, outgoing, fun-loving person I know I can be so I am trying to learn to love myself the way I am now so that I can better myself in the future.

So here is a list of 5 things I love about my "current self"

1. My hair - I have been blessed with thick, shiny, beautiful chocolate brown hair. I get compliments on it all the time and I don't do anything special to it at all - just daily washing!! =)

 
 
2. My smile - I was blessed with straight teeth as well - I was so happy I didn't have to get braces. I saw so many of my friends have to get them and saw how painful they were at times. I can thank my dad for this one because my teeth look almost identical to his!! LOL



3. I am a blast in a glass!! ha ha ha can't believe I just used that reference - I love to go out and have a good time! I am a momma and my babies are my first priority and a lot of my life revolves around them, so when I go out this momma likes to shake her groove thing!



4. My skin tone - Love my olive skin!! I have a year-round tan even though it has gotten a lot less tan since I am no longer outside all summer long like I was when I was a kid. My oldest has my skin tone as well and that boys gets so dark in the summer time - I am jealous!! Unfortunately my youngest wasn't so lucky - he's got daddy's pale skin and burns easily =(



5. I have a HUGE heart - my husband would disagree and say that I am a push-over and I let people walk all over me ... but I am just not a mean person. I think there is enough negativity in this world and being mean doesn't help anyone. I want to be a person people want to talk to, want to get to know and know they can depend on. That's just who I am, take it or leave it =)

So there is my Friday Five!! Hope you all have a FANTASTIC weekend - the weather is going to be AHHHHHHHHHmazing this weekend - 70's and sunny! I see some yard work in my future!!


So I blog instead =)
 

3 comments:

  1. Love these five!
    Celebrating yourself!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! Yay for naturally straight teeth. I like your 5!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the positivity in this post. You DO have a wonderful smile. I love your phone case too. Super chic.

    ReplyDelete