Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Christmas Challenge

Ok, let me preface this by saying - yes, another challenge. Yes, I have done many in the past and failed miserably. Will I succeed this time? I can't say for sure but I can say I am sure as hell going to try.

The other day I was looking for weight loss transformation on youtube, like I have so many times in the past. I love to see other people's transformations, always hoping one day it will be me. I came across two shows that I have never watched before.

 
 
I saw the episode of Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition with Meredith:


Something clicked - I started tearing up as I watched her run a marathon. She was reflecting on what it was like on the first day when she was over 300 lbs, running on the beach and then several pounds down and running a marathon. As I watched the clips of her working out and just giving it her all I thought, that could be me! I CAN do this! Look at how far these people have come and they had so much more weight to lose than I do.

I like the way these shows are set up where they have an end date with an ultimate goal but then they also break it up and have mini goals in between that they have to meet.

So I have decided to make a challenge of my own, breaking it up into 4 weigh ins (aka mini goals) with my ultimate goal being - to lose 50 pounds by Christmas Eve.  I know this is somewhat extreme, but I also know that if I WANT to do this, I CAN do this!

My starting date will be August 13th.

My weigh ins will be August 13th, September 14th, October 18th, November 20th and December 24th.  I will ONLY weigh in on these days and none in between.

I am not following any particular exercising program or eating program. My goal is to just do some kind of exercise 6 days a week - whatever I am in the mood to do just as long as I do something. Probably counting calories and trying to eat as clean as much as possible - just making better choices.

I am excited about this.



Like I said before, I know I have done these kinds of things in the past and haven't followed through - but what other choice do I have - quitting is not an option. So if I have to do 20 more of these kinds of challenges before I finally succeed, then so be it. But I am excited about this and I am going to do this.

I hope you will stick around for the journey and watch me get healthy =)



3 comments:

  1. You have a plan, that's the first step! I love this idea and might steal it for myself after Baby! You WILL do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girlfriend!! WOOT WOOT
    I am going to pray for you. I lost a total of over 60 lbs by sticking a new healthy lifestyle and now I am getting into exercising too. You can do it!!
    Cheering you on through it all.

    ReplyDelete