Friday, August 16, 2013

Firsts


It's Friiiiiiiiiiiday!! =) Yay! This has been a long week even though it was a short work week for me. We have zero plans this weekend and I couldn't be happier about it. We will do something but at least we don't HAVE to be anywhere - just go with the flow =)

So I am stealing this post idea from Jenna @ Jenna Rae Everyday it was fun reading all her "firsts", so I thought I would share mine with y'all =) Go check out Jenna's too, fun stuff!

First thing you do when you wake up in the morning:
Pee - ha ha ... if I am being honest and giving TMI, that is always the first thing I do when my feet hit the ground in the AM.

First thing you reach for when you open the fridge:
My breakfast/lunch that I get ready the night before. I don't eat breakfast until I get to work, so I don't eat or drink anything until I get here.

First thing you do when you get home from work:
Start dinner - like ASAP!! The husband and the kids are like little piranhas looking for food and if I don't get it done fast enough they will start snacking and then not want to eat what I cook ... I need to find some good casserole recipes, so all I have to do is warm it up!


First car:
Chevy Nova - I hated that thing with a passion. I saved up and paid my parents $500 for it.  Back in my day, parents didn't just give you thing, you earned them! (ha ha, I'm old!!) ... Anyways, it was a P.O. S. - I couldn't stop at a stop light too long or else the car would die, so there was a lot of speeding up when I saw Yellows and then just pure embarrassment when it died in the middle of intersections.  The thing ended up dying one day on the middle of the highway! I was able to "coast" over to the side - but there was no bringing it back - $500 down the toilet!
This isn't my car but mine looked exactly like this.
First accident:
I was driving down a 4 lane road - 2 lanes going each way... I was in the far right and the lane next to me was backed up (rush hour) - I was going along minding my business when a Navigator turns in front of me - I guess the people in the other lane were being nice and letting them through but didn't bother to look if someone was coming in my lane. I slammed into her and almost totaled my little baby Hyundai Accent - scared the shit out of me! I was shaking so bad, it was a teenage snotty girl who got on her cell phone and told her parents I was speeding down the road so fast and hit her - UMMMM no! Your dumbass pulled out in front of me and I had no other choice but to hit your BIG ASS vehicle (I'm not bitter at all) ... I think I put a scratch on her SUV while my car was barely drivable ... anyways, it was so no fun.

First thing you wanted to be when you grew up:
A Veterinarian - I worked at a vet office while I was in high school and I loved every minute of it - I wanted to be a vet tech so bad but the vet techs I worked with told me not to do it - they said it was a lot of schooling and not enough pay, unless I was going to become a full on veterinarian it wasn't worth my time - I wish I would have just gone with my gut and done it, at least I would enjoy my job!!


First choice beverage:
I'm pretty sure if you cut me open, diet coke would pour out ... it's bad!

First choice breakfast:
Yogurt Parfait, I make myself.  Non-Fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt, strawberries & granola. I eat this everyday and I never get sick of it =)

Not mine, but this is what it looks like =)
First choice dessert:
Warm Molten Chocolate Cake with Cold Vanilla Icecream

Come to Momma!!


First song that comes to mind:
 
Lorde - Royals  - I am LOVING this song, can't get enough!
 


First major purchase:
This is so dumb but when the husband and I first got together we got a crappy hand-me-down vacuum that smelled like wet dogs when we used it - we ended up getting a cat and a dog so the husband talked me into buying a Dyson vacuum - we lived in a one bedroom cracker jack box apartment but we had a $500 vacuum so that bish was clean!! ha ha ... We still have it to this day and it still works great - 12 years later!

First job:
My very first job was working at Hardees - it was so nasty! I hated it and only lasted about 3 months before I got a job at Walgreens and loved it!
Gag a friggin maggot!!!
First time you flew on a plane:
I was 16 and I went to Florida with my aunt and grandma - I was scared, but quickly found out it really wasn't that big of a deal. I still don't love to fly but I'm not terrified or anything, I just get really antsy and ready to get off that thing about an hour in, not sure if I could do an international flight.

OK - hope you all have a GREAT weekend!! The weather is supposed to be amazing - we have our windows open and attic fan on and that makes me happy!! =) Love this fall-like weather we got going on =)

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I LOVE Hardees!! It's a childhood thing that's carried over. :)

    And that car? I die!

    ReplyDelete